The Submission Rules
How do I select the Categories on the Submission form?
The Submission Form works by changing each Category and sub-Category with a drop-down. Once a Category is selected, the drop-down options will change in a second or so. For example, if you were submitting a story for a home invasion, you would click on: True Story > Home Invasion. Once you have the Category on the left-hand pane, click on the arrow to add it to the Submission Form.
How do I select multiple Warnings/Tags?
To select more than one, hold down your CTRL key while you click on a Tag and scroll with the bar at the side.
What Rating To Use:
[G-PG 13+] AAll G rated stories become PG 13+ automatically. This is for mild scenes and swearing. Nothing you wouldn't have a little kid read.
[M 15+] Stories in this rating could contain action scenes, mild violence, swearing and non-explicit sexual situations. It will not contain any actaul sex scenes, but some situations may not be suitable for a minor.
[NC 17+] Stories in this rating could contain rape scenes, child abuse, excessive swearing and horrific violence with graphic descriptions of blood and injury. It could also contain adult situations or explicit sexual scenes. Please do not read anything in this rating if you are a minor. Stories with sexual content that also contains one of the above situations are submitted under this rating.
[R 18+] Stories in this rating will most likely contain explicit sexual scenes, which could include excessive swearing, some mild violence and adult situations not for children. If you. Please do not read anything in this rating if you are a minor.
1. If you're a Paedophile, abuser, or murderer, you are not welcome here and are definitely not allowed to post a story. These are for survivors or works of complete fiction. All submitted stories will be checked.
2. Spell check all stories and proofread all entries for grammar and other aspects of writing before submission. Your grammar and spelling need not be perfect, but it needs to have less than one mistake for every 100 words.
3. "Please read", "Untitled", etc. are not acceptable titles or summaries.
4. All stories must be rated correctly and have the appropriate warnings. All adult rated stories are expected to have warnings. After all, they wouldn't have that rating if there wasn't something to be warned about! The site administrators recognize that there is an audience for these stories, but please respect those who do not wish to read them by labeling them appropriately.
5. Please make sure to respect the reviewers as well as the writers. Constructive criticism is always accepted, as well as praise for the Author, but flames are not tolerated in any manner. To flame an Author is in no way an aid to their writings. Members will be banned and the negative reviews deleted.
6. Stories with multiple chapters should be archived as such and NEVER as separate stories. Upload the first chapter of your story, then go to Manage Stories in your account to add additional chapters. If you have trouble with this, please contact the site administrator or ask a friend to help you.
7. Please put Author's Notes into the box above the Story Text where you add in your stories. You do not need to include disclaimers, as there is one for the entire site at the bottom of each page.
8. You must submit your story with correct formatting. Make sure to have capitals at the beginning of sentences, separate paragraphs, clear changed of scene, make sure that speech is clearly marked etc. All Chapters are to be clearly marked as such. When the story is completed, put The End. Having the stories in one huge block is really hard on the readers, so they do tend to avoid those.
9. Dreams, Flashbacks, letters, songs…please make sure to mark those clearly, so that the reader can tell what’s going on. It is really hard to determine a dream or flashback from the main plot if you give no indication that it is that.
10. Fiction stories under 1000 words must have the Drabble Genre picked when you fill out the Submission Form. This rule does not apply to True Stories.
11. No plagiarism. This is absolutely not accepted and your name will be added to our Blacklist if we catch you doing it! You will also have the story removed, along with any reviews and will be banned from the site immediately. There are no second chances.
12. We accept html or text format. All submissions can be copied and paste pasted into the text box in the submission page. You can also browse to your computer and upload the story if it is already in the correct format for submission, but there is a bug in the script, so you might get an error using this method.
13. Any stories that contain sex (Or molestation or rape) of a minor must have appropriate warnings, or it will be deleted. We understand that these are scary stories and some will have that content, but we have to do our best to warn those who might read it and have a trigger due to past experiences. Add the tag called Trigger Warning. This is used for those stories that may trigger an unwanted, upsetting, or disturbing emotion in someone who might have gone through a similar situation. Such as a rape, or domestic violence, suicide, etc. Please use the tag responsibly to warn your readers.
14. You must be the original poster of the Fictional story. Please do not repost something written by another person from another site, unless you have their permission to post on their behalf. In which case, they must contact us also to let us know that they give the permission.
15. Be sure to add your story in the proper category! This is really important, as it will let your readers know what ‘Couple’ your plot is about. If you find out there is no Category or pairing for your stories, just let me know and I will add it as soon as I can. You will need to tell me what the Anime\Book\Movie\TV Series it is for, and the Couple that you are writing for. If it is a Crossover, make sure to tell me about both of the Shows that you are using.
By submitting your story, you are stating that you've fully read and understand these rules and that you understand the consequences of failing to comply with said terms. If you fail to comply, the Admin completely reserve the right to question you with you about it, in a 3x7 cell, under a bright light, wearing bad secret service uniforms. LOL
If you have questions or do not understand something, do not submit your story yet. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask us. We are more than happy to help clear things up for you!